Head of Department, Computer Sciences
Diyaolu, A.M, CLN, MCPN.
The Department of Computer Science, Federal School of Surveying Oyo was among the three (3) newly accredited department accredited by the National Board for Technical Education NBTE in Nigeria to run and award National Diploma Certificate in Computer Science in 201. The other two (2) departments are Department of Cartography & GIS and Department of Remote Sensing & Photogrammetry. The first admission of students to the ND program in Computer Science from the Department was in 2020/2021 academic Session. The Department was out of the need to develop manpower that meets the demand for the growing need of computer solution nationwide while the National Diploma programme was designed to produce computer personnel capable of applying the use of computer in most areas of human endevour.
The ND programme of the Department was designed to equip graduates with theoretical and practical skills for a variety of entrepreneurial careers in the Computing, Software Development, Information Technology, Management Information systems, Computer repair and related disciplines.
The Department will provide educational opportunities to students for life-long careers in computing, promote entrepreneurship for students and faculty, and engage in activities of the professional communities.
The programme was designed to inculcate in graduates, deep and critical knowledge of the concepts and methodologies in Computer Science that meet current needs and expectations of the society in many areas. Training is planned towards subject specific knowledge complemented with the practical teaching of skills and industry practices that will prepare the students for self-employment, and career in both government and private sector organisations. Some of the courses being taught are Computer Programming languages, namely; Visual BASIC, FORTRAN, COBOL, and JAVA, Computer systems Operations, Use of Computer packages, Hardware Maintenance etc.
The Department will achieve its mission by pursuing the following specific objectives:
1. To teach students how to apply the principles of computer science and scientific investigation to solve real-world problems related to the discipline.
2. To imparts lifelong learning skills, which will allow student to successfully adapt to evolving technologies throughout their professional careers.
3. To prepare students for employment, and provide them with significant experiences in software development for real-world problems.
4. To teach students effective teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills that enable them to work with others effectively in their professional careers.
5. To prepare students to function ethically and responsibly, and to be conscious of ethical, social, global, legal, security and professional issues related to computing.
6. To achieve a high level of faculty and student innovation and entrepreneurship via curriculum and other resources.
Mr. Diyaolu, A.M, CLN, MCPN
Department of Computer Science,
Mobile no: 08067117870
2021/2022 2nd Sem. Resumption
The School resumes on 30th of October, 2022 for 2021/2022 academic session.